- 1-Way Pagers
- 2-Way Pagers
- Virtual Paging
- In-House Pagers
- Pager Accessories
- Pay Your Bill
If your pager is not receiving or is not working correctly...
1. The first thing to do is change the battery. Use a fresh alkaline battery as a weak battery is usually the cause of a pager not receiving pages when it was working perfectly the day before.
Batteries should be changed automatically at least once a month regardless if the "low cell" indicator or words appear on the pager display. Changing the battery on the 1st of each month is a good way to remember.
2. If after changing the battery, you are still not receiving pages...
Call us at the phone number on the top of our website. Sometimes a reset on our end is needed. This is the equivalent of rebooting a computer that isn't acting right.
3. If the pager was dropped or got wet, it may have internal damage. If after changing the battery, the pager is not powering up, this could mean that the pager needs to be replaced.
4. If the pager has missing segments in the LCD display, but there are no blotches of "black" or what appears to be "ink" then the pager will need to be replaced and depending on the exact issue, may be covered under our maintenance exchange plan at no charge.
5. If the pager is shutting off and then restarting also known as power cycling, the pager will need to be exchanged or replaced. If the pager is making the sound that you normally hear when turning on the pager and then shutting off and then doing it again either through no action on your part or when a page is received, this is "power cycling" and in most cases a replacement battery will not resolve the issue unless the previous battery was so weak that the pager didn't have enough power to stay on.