Prop pagers are pagers that look like real pagers but are not functional in the sense that they cannot receive pages.
They may have minor scratches and/or cosmetic blemishes.
They cannot be activated. But they power on, they beep, they vibrate and the display comes on...just like a functional pager!
People use them for all sorts of reasons. Here are some examples:
1. 1990's Party props. Having a 1990's themed party? Duh, You can't do it right without a pager prop...for sure!
2. Halloween Costumes. Dressing up as Alan from the Hangover movie? Your outfit wouldn't be complete without a pager so you can ask if this place is "pager friendly"
3. Kids Toys. Want to give your kids a toy pager but don't want to pay full price for a functional one? This is the place to buy one.
4. Movie, TV and Show Props. Perhaps you are filming a movie, tv show or need a prop for a play. Here you go! (Chances are, if you have recently watched a tv show or a movie with one of the characters using a pager...We supplied them with the pager)
5. Prank Gifts! You know someone that may get a kick out of receiving a pager? Perhaps someone that has been begging for the newest and latest smartphone. Could you imagine the look on their face when they are expecting their $1200 Iphone 12 XS Max and this is in the box! Oy vey!
Some of the pager models that we carry have missing segments in the LCD display or no visible segments in the display. If you need a functional pager that shows all of the LCD segments, we recommend either the Unication NP88 or the Unication Alpha Elite or the Motorola T900 models.